Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Compute and Cache not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
971 Views, 2 Replies

Bifrost Compute and Cache not working

Hi there,

I'm creating a ride which has a water splash at the end; I'm currently just working on the splash at the moment and have it ready to cache to disk. However, when I compute and cache it only caches the first and last frame. Someone else posted this issue in 2017 and none of the fixes within that forum have worked for me :'( It seems everyone has a slightly different fix and some couldn't find fixes at all. It's worth mentioning that I have been working on this scene from frame 60-150 where the splash is involved (full animation is frame 2-287; I had to cut off the first and last frame due to issues with motion paths) but I do need the full animation cacheing to include the still fluid prior to the splash. When I open my file and compute and cache; it does indeed work from frame 60! However, when I alter the time slider (and Start Frame of sim) to Frame 2 (or any frame which isn't 60) then it refuses to compute cache. I have also tried altering just the end frame to 287 and keeping the first frame at 60; this works but of course, I do need those first frames prior to 60 😞 

I have it set to Play Every Frame and I am working in Maya 2020; I also have all scratch options off in Bifrost Options before Compute to Cache. I couldn't find any up to date forums so wondered if anyone have any fixes I have not found. I have all the suggestions from:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-dynamics/maya-2017-bifrost-compute-and-cache-to-disk-won-t-work/...

I am currently scratch cacheing with some lower settings then I will try Compute to Cache again to see if this pre-cache has jump started it to work. I will be adding foam later so it's important for me to Compute Cache this data so my laptop can preview the foam. I am posting this from a different laptop but I will post my laptop specs if needed. 

Unfortunately I cannot share any of the content due to disclosures 😞 

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem with u. I see your post while I try to find the solution on web. After i read the comment on the link you provided, i try to restore the preference setting to default and it get fixed. This is not the first time i fix the unknow bug  in this way, but i have just forgot it. Maya ... it is time to withdraw from it . I have use it for about 18 years, old bugs still here and new bugs added...

Message 3 of 3
rafaelsegnini
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the same issue here. Simulations seems to work ok, but when trying to write the cache, Maya writes only the first and the last frame.

Does anyone have found out the solution for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report