Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertexes not being moved

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1052 Views, 5 Replies

Vertexes not being moved

Hello everyone, recently i wanted to go back to a rig i made and add some blend shapes to the face however, every time I try to edit the vertexes or faces the geometry gets messed up, I noticed that my vertexes are also all in different colors so I think that I probably clicked on something by accident, how do I fix this? 
I provided a video here:

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

for blendshapes you need to duplicate the original model and make adjustments on the new one.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm using the  shape editor and already got a few expressions working before

vladakisin_0-1619345032063.png

vladakisin_1-1619345075685.png

Message 4 of 6
hamsterHamster

It is hard to tell whether such behaviour is because of skinning or not. I would suggest, detaching problematic skin pieces and trying to transform verts with no other influences (constr history deleted). If it still transforms in similar way, then the mesh is messed beyond my understanding of how to fix it. Possibly, some FBX export and import back can do hard reset on mesh and then it can be bound back, skins copied, blendshapes reattached with little loss.

Once I had opportunity here to edit model of someone who posted her modeling, and that displayed similar behavior: when moving some vertices other also moved, some were frozen; Mesh Cleanup did not fix the error.. all because of careless modeling approach. Fingers crossed not your case.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hamsterHamster

Thanks for your reply, I did what you said and messed around with the model and vertexes it turns out the problem is in the shape editor, the vertexes act normally before I turn it on and start creating new expressions then they get locked for some reason, as for the skinning I doubt that is the problem because I already made a few expressions before and hadn't edited the skin weights at all since.

Message 6 of 6
hamsterHamster

then safest would be to stick with old-school method mentioned by @Anonymous

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report