Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to work high poly in MAYA and Image Reference is not showing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sdeyJLKJZ
468 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to work high poly in MAYA and Image Reference is not showing

I am working on a shot, where I have 350 + bottle and I have to put characters inside it. But the problem is, I can't see my image plane of bg to adjust the character in the bottle. We have 350 plus bottles in the shots, meaning 350 plus times asset reference. In this shot, it's taking time more than an hour to playblast the 78 frames shot. Track cam has only 1 scale value for all x,y,z, axis. Any suggestion? Why the image plane is not visible?

As I am working with low poly, still the timeline scrubbing is taking too much time and if I use high poly, then I am totally unable to work. Its getting very slow.

My system config: AMD Ryzen9 64GB RAM NVidia RTX3070 GPU. Currently using Maya 2018. Is it required to upgrade my system config to handle such heavy comp?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hamsterHamster
in reply to: sdeyJLKJZ

Check the Camera's FarClippingPlane.. you might wish to increase it from default 1000.0 cm to something greater OR decrease the Depth attribute of the imagePlane.

Also, temporarily hide all the secondary/BG objects while animating and setting up the area of the action, which unclutters the viewport.

And, just because you have set the bg color to black, your message text is not becoming more readable; quite contrary. Have mercy on us, don't torture our eyes in the future.. unless you want your posts unanswered, of course.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 4
sdeyJLKJZ
in reply to: hamsterHamster

Thanks for your response. The BG color of my text was not intentional bdw. It was my mistake as I copied the entire text from my discord account. I am really sorry for that.

I have changed the BG far clipping, now the first problem is solved but still I am facing the issue in scrubbing the timeline even in low poly model.

My system config: AMD Ryzen9 64GB RAM NVidia RTX3070 GPU. Currently using Maya 2018. Is it required to upgrade my system config to handle such heavy comp? I am applying the suggested optimization to temporarily hide all the secondary/BG objects while animating and setting up the area of the action, which unclutters the viewport, but still I would like to know, if my system config needs an upgrade.

Thanks a lot

Message 4 of 4
hamsterHamster
in reply to: sdeyJLKJZ

Before running for an upgrade, I would determine what is causing the scrubbing lag, which likely is some set of nodes, bg-simulation or some neglected setting. Some things to try to test scrubbing performance (not in order of gravity):

• hide all;
  • ensure my characters don't have construction history other than deformers - unless some of modeling nodes, e.g. extrude, are part of the rig, it is likely safe to run Edit>DeleteByType>Non-deformerHistory;
  • select visible and hit 1, to ensure those are not in smooth poly mode;
  • work in as few viewports possible, with default/simplified shaders, texture display disabled;
  • disable & hide all XGen and dynamics evaluation;
  • enable caching for whatever I can;
  • in Preferences>Animation experiment with EvaluationModes.. I have Parallel setting, which is fastest, but less stable;
  • delete half of the scene contents, which might suggest scene optimizing and/or splitting;

However, since you are the only person seeing the contents of the scene, I am just talking bird milk.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report