Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfert Blendshapes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
R.DeSchoenmaeker
1032 Views, 5 Replies

Transfert Blendshapes

I would like to transfer my already Rigger Blendshapes to a mesh that is identical?
Is this possible?
Thank you very much.Capture d’écran 2022-03-28 161314.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kahylan
in reply to: R.DeSchoenmaeker

Hi!

There are two ways to do this.

The first and probably easier way is to just use the Mesh that has the Blendshape now as an intermediate Blendshape. Just create a Blendshape from the Mesh with the Blendshape to the one you want the Blendshape on, set the Target Weight to 1 and hide the first Mesh. Its a bit slower than changing the Blendshape, but it works jus as well.

The second way is to manually connect the Blendshape into the other shape node.

You'll need to make the following connections for that to work:

1) blendshapeNode.outputMesh[0]-> shapeNode.inMesh

2) shapeNode.instObjectGroups[0].objectGroups[0] -> blendshapeSet.dagSetMembers ([0] if you want to replace the other object, [1] if you want to just add the new object to the Blendshape)

3) blendshapeSet.MemberWireframeColor -> shapeNode.instObjectGroups.objectGroups[0].objectGrpColor

connection 2 and 3 can be a bit tricky, because those are hidden Attributes on default and also don't show up on the "Other" menu when connecting the input to the universal plug of the node, so you'll have to expand the shapeNode with RMB-> Show All Attributes. Since it is a shape node there are a ton of Rendering Attributes on that node, so finding InstObectGroups can be a bit tricky, but all the non-keyables are displayed in alphabetical order so that makes it a bit easier.

I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 6
R.DeSchoenmaeker
in reply to: Kahylan

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I will try to achieve the second method

Message 4 of 6
Baboonian

Hi, Kahylan )
It is possible to use this method to replace the head with the body?. At this point, I have the head with the shapes connected to the body. But you said it is a bit slower. If I plug the outputMesh into the inMesh, my body changes to the head geometry

Message 5 of 6
Kahylan
in reply to: Baboonian

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand, how exactly is the head connected to the body?

In order to connect a Mesh to an existing blendshape the mesh needs to be identical to the mesh the blendshape was created for, otherwise the mesh will indeed change shape into the mesh that the blendshape was created for because the blendshape takes it's shape origin from the mesh it was initally created for. Same as if you would connect the outMesh Attr from one shape to the inMesh of another the second mesh will take the shape of the first.

Message 6 of 6
Baboonian

Yes. Head geo is connected to the body as a blenshape target . See attachment. Both meshes have the same vertex order. I understand you, I should rebuild all the body targets. And make a new blendshape node. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report