Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Rig is not following source correctly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
475 Views, 2 Replies

Target Rig is not following source correctly

hello I am using from an mocap data the same rig I just copied it and saved on a seperate .mb file, well I gave both mocap file and the copied rig a humanik definition but when I play the animation the copied rig is not following perfectly, for example the hands and one arm is not following along the mocap file it has an offset, I was cheking both rigs but attributes are same on both is there something I should think of when using same skeleton as the mocap one any help would be really appreciated.

mayarigoffset.png

here at this picture you can see that the hand and arm is not exactly following the mocap even if the target is the same rig as the mocap. Did I something wrong?

Here is the file CharacterRIG File

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
teddude75
in reply to: Anonymous

When you characterize the rig name the rig and the joints. Also make sure that the rotation is zero (t_pose) and all the hik skeleton green and there is a sub menu for hands. But I think your main problem is the hands are rotated wrong.When you characterize the rig make sure the hands are parallel and flat (I think it was x-90).And lock the skeleton after everything is green. But here's the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T7B-Ed6iXOddhxT5_pxS9DH-lMvhjtLe/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 3
Abdulla-Qaladzay
in reply to: Anonymous

tray to use name space for one of scene ! , some time when we combine two copied scene in one scene some of the nodes will not get rename properly [this is just my thought ]! and we know two nodes in maya with the same name and been in the same hierarchy is not allowed . I think a lot of nodes are parented to world hierarchy and name space might fix your problem. 💙💜

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report