Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spine Controller issue in every rigs for maya 2018

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
471 Views, 3 Replies

Spine Controller issue in every rigs for maya 2018

Hi,

I'm using maya 2018 and I have a problem when ever I start animating, one of the spine controller will rotate by itself, but when I check the Graph Editor the value is at 0 and I tried using Euler Filter. I didn't know what happen and it affecting the mesh., like something flipped.

This is the example, I'm using free flour sack rig.

Flour Sack Rig Controller Issue 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: Anonymous

That link didn't show anything useful.  Not familiar with the flour sack rig.  But whenever unwanted rotations happen, I would look for orientConstraints first.  Usually on a parent of the control node.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcw0

Hi, sorry for the lack of information.

This some more information that I can provide, the rig are 'free rigs' I download from gumroad it's by Joe Daniels. It's a rig that created using Maya 2013

The purple area where the controller rotateThe purple area where the controller rotate

The purple area is where the controller doing the rotation as the vid on prev link

Channel box information of the Mid_Control

This is the video of the channel box, where the Mid_Controller are rotating on its own, the value is on 0

I'm not too sure by the parent control node that you are talking, but if I research correctly maybe you mean this one?

nodes.JPG

I did not see the name of the controller in the Node Editor.

Thank you very much for replying

Message 4 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry but your links error out.  Can you post a screen grab of your outliner with the spine controller selected that's having the issue?

The parent of that controller will be the node just above it in the outliner.  My thought was that maybe there was something causing that node (or any node above your controller) to rotate.  Thus the values on your controller will stay at zero (or whatever value they happen to be at) without changing.

Another thought is ikHandles can cause this behavior as well with uncontrolled pole vectors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report