Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save animation as video

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2734 Views, 9 Replies

save animation as video

hi

I'm a beginner in animation but I finaly made my first simple animation.

i want to save it as a video file, preferable mp4.

i can't find how to do this in maya.

jessica

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Render out an image sequence and create the final compressed movie in a video application. Maya can't do this (and this also should not be done in Maya).

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Using google I found it's possible to save as AVI video.

Was this feature removed then in newer versions of maya?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I think it's beyond the scope of this forum but can anybody tell me free software that can make a video of the image sequence rendered by maya?

thx

Message 5 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

You can only use AVI for playblasts, if you try this with Maya Software Rendering you only get one single image, so this does not work. Arnold does not support AVI anyway.

As I said before you need to render an image sequence and then you need any video application to create your final movie file.

There are plenty of cheap video applications available on the market that can do this.

You should be able to find a video software easily by using an online search.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Since I don't want to spend money on this video slftware, I found a free tool ffmpeg

https://ottverse.com/create-video-from-images-using-ffmpeg/

As you can read , I need to specify the frames per second.
Can you tell me please where to enter the fps in maya renderer and also the number of fps I need for an animation. It should be played on a TV.

i'm a complete beginner...

Message 7 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

You don't need to set fps for rendering in Maya, as you get individual frames.

The fps for animation is dependent on several factors, being played on TV is not enough information, sorry.

It seems you have a lot to learn, but I have only limited time here for the forum answers.

Maybe someone else has more time, but there is also plenty of information about this available in the web.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

So as I understand it correctly: how can i get the same framerate as in maya in my video I create from the image sequance?

So if I don't know how fast the frames are displayed in maya, how can I know then how many FPS I need to choose for my video? I want the same speed as in maya.

If I for example take 25 FPS in my video, but maya displays them at 50 FPS, how can I get the same result in my video?

There is nothing online about this, the only thing I find are videos about adobe premiere to generate the video.

Where exactly do you find online an answer to this question? If you could give me a link or video?

Message 9 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

It's all in the Maya online help, so please read the help files.

Maya 2022 Help

You can also search for "fps" or "playback options",

or check this one:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-51A80586-9EEA-43A4-AA1F-BF1370C24A64

You can also do some tutorials to learn Maya, but you will not learn all in one day or even one month.

Message 10 of 10
sophiaadaviiss

I am too learning Video Animation. I just get some help from the different YOUTUBE videos and a website https://iskills.com/ to understand. Let's see how it goes. I hope you are an expert now. Thumbs up !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report