Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigging Help // Broken Nose on Neck Turn

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jjohnsonD9BD2
307 Views, 1 Reply

Rigging Help // Broken Nose on Neck Turn

Hi,

I'm pretty new to rigging so this may be a simple fix, but I am currently trying to rig my character that has a big bulbous nose. The nose has fk controls on it. Whenever you turn the neck control left and right though, the nose (and the top of the head for that matter) break. I really am not sure where to start on this problem. I've been messing around for awhile with different constraints with no luck. I attached the scene file and a screenshot. Let me know if yall have any ideas. 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I had a quick look into your file, without a deep dive, however not knowing which ctrl supposed to do what it is hard to figure the correct hierarchy and constraint placement. in ss2 image it is obvious that the cause of twisted head mesh is head02(?) joint, the one that needlesly ofsets on neck rotation.

I would disable/delete all head ctrls and make sure I am happy with neck ctrl performance. Once it is set and sound, I would build upon its hierarchy the branching controls for nose, head top, and what not.

I noticed you were using simultanelously parent and orient constraints.. basically parentC consist of pointC and orientC, so, unless you disable part of parentC, you might getting double or halved transformations - that might be cause of that strange joint behavior that breaks head.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report