Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig Shrinks Upon Opening File

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
379 Views, 3 Replies

Rig Shrinks Upon Opening File

So I've been having this bizarre issue with Maya--I open up a file with a rig (that's been skinned to a character mesh) and after a few seconds, the rig shrinks back to it's default size. Have you guys ever run into this problem? I've attached a video to show you what I mean. 

I've encountered this issue in the past, and previously I've been able to fix it simply by updating Maya...no dice this time, however. I even rigged the character again just to see if starting over would do the trick, but nope! I just wanted to reach out in case you possibly knew a solution. Searching the web has been pretty fruitless thus far.
Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
trs_andre
in reply to: Anonymous

It seems to be selecting the head out of nowhere... Do you have any idea why? Any script you might be using, etc.

André Moreira

Game Developer / Technical Artist

LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: trs_andre

Not that I know of. I sent the file off to someone to take a look at and they had no issue (yay), so I think this is just a problem with my own laptop (sad). Fortunately, I have another one to try the file on shortly.

Message 4 of 4
trs_andre
in reply to: Anonymous

I see...

Optimizing the scene through the file menu or putting everything in a new one doesn't solve it?

You might also try to make a copy of the weighted skin, and try to reattach it clean.

Hope it helps!

André Moreira

Game Developer / Technical Artist

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report