Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing and Cycling Problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
339 Views, 0 Replies

Referencing and Cycling Problem

I built a rig for a quadraped (a rat) and now I'm trying to animate the walk cycle. If I cycle with offest in the original file, there are no problems. However, if a create a new file, reference my rat file (ma format, tried mb as well) and then try to cycle with offset, I get the error message: "Warning: One or more attributes with referenced or procedural animation were not modified." The part that isn't being cycled is the HeelControl.Roll for all 4 legs, everything else gets cycled (i.e., leg control translation, pelvis translation, joint rotations, etc.). For the referencing options, I am using the defaults except for Name Clash Options which I have set to Resolve all nodes with this string: rat.

I'm using a roll attribute to set the roll of the feet (as per the Learning Maya 8 book). It is a set driven key, I set the roll and it sets the foot and heel joint rotations for me. If I delete the roll attribute, then referencing and cycling work fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, this has been driving me nuts for 4 days now!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report