Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving UV's.Dont want them to.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4334 Views, 5 Replies

Moving UV's.Dont want them to.

Hey all I just made a model and animated it for a turntable reel and the UV’s get all messed up when it rotates? Any one know how to stop it?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to remove history if it is in Maya, use delete all by type --- History, when it is in it's proper pose. (Default position) The UV maps are still intact, you need to remove the connection.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Unless you have applied 3d textures, you will have to parent or animate the gizmo to follow the object. Or you can convert it to a file texture.

If its 2d texture then deleting history is all you need to do. EDIT > DELETE BY TYPE > HISTORY.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have the same problem with a rigged charakter!
When I delete non-deformer history some UV's are getting disarranged.
But not all! The Body stays correct but arms and legs are getting disarranged!
Is it a bug? I have n idea whats wrong!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I found that same issue, with the 'delete non- deformer history' screwing up the UVs. But as of Maya 2008 it has worked fine for me. If you don't have any connections going into your mesh, other than the skin cluster, you could duplicate you skin and delete history on it, then bind it to the rig and copy weights from the original mesh. Then delete the original mesh.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I found a solution how you can keep all incoming connections!
It works only in Maya2009 because of a bug in 2008 (Maya 2008 crashes when you try to delete non deformer history)
You have to remap UV's by deleting current UV's
then delete non deformer history
then map UV's
Now you can delete history without getting messed up UV's

I had to do it this way because I had incoming blendshape connections that I couldn't redo because I changed target mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report