Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIssing Joint attributes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
leoisawesome555
276 Views, 3 Replies

MIssing Joint attributes

Hi guys, I am following a new tutorial on dynamic joint script by 3D artist Hiroyuki Akasaki, the tutorial states we need to connect several attributes to the node, including joint orient attribute. My joints seem to not have that attribute set in, I haven't touched the joint orient attribute at all so I have no clue as to why my joints on my maya do not have it. I have maya 2023 for your information. Thanks to anyone that could suggest a possibloe resolution.my screenmy screenAkasaki's demonstrationAkasaki's demonstration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kahylan
in reply to: leoisawesome555

Hi!

Your nodes are only single expanded, not double expanded. As you can see, there are only two of the little bars in the top right of the nodes filled in. If you click on those little bars again you will see more Attributes.

If you still shouldn't see the needed attributes. Rightclick on the nodes in the Node Editor and use the "Show all Attributes" Option in the Dropdown Menu.

I hope it helps!

Message 3 of 4

hi, i have the same problem. i have followed the steps but the option to orient together does not appear. has the name been changed or is there a specific error? (i have maya 2024)

Message 4 of 4

In case anyone has the same question you have to hold right click over the desired node and click "Edit Custom Attribute List" you then search for the attribute you want to include and click on it, to close the edit mode just redo the first step.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report