Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror hand rig problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
750 Views, 4 Replies

Mirror hand rig problem

Hi, 

I just completed my rig and I realized my mirrored hand joints wont follow the arm joints whenever i rotate the controller?  The other side moves perfectly but the mirrored side seems to have a problem. May I know is there any solution for this problem?hand problemhand problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hamsterHamster
in reply to: Anonymous

It would be impossible to help without seeing the rig itself. Just from what you've said, it is rather the controls problem, not the mirrored (if you did it with Behavior flag).

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hamsterHamster

Hi, here is my working file. May I know where I can delete userPrefs.mel? I don't know much about this software though, my bad. 

Message 4 of 5
hamsterHamster

As to userPrefs, don't ask for solutions for problems you don't have, unless you ask for those problems. 😄

Disable max influences for the skin cluster, otherwise you will run into problems when mirroring skin weights.

R_FINGER_CTRL_GRP has no parentConstraint, it doesn't transform with wrist controls and finger controls are still while the elbow is bent. Maybe something similar more, just click through the Left arm rig hierarchy and see what you don't have on the Right.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

it worked! thank you so much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report