Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh gets glitchy and does not follow the controller in the viewport.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yseok625
307 Views, 2 Replies

Mesh gets glitchy and does not follow the controller in the viewport.

Hi, I am having a weird issue on my rig. I rigged my character by using mixamo, and was trying to make a running cycle animation. The problem is that her legs get glitchy and the mesh does not follow the controller properly. For example, at frame 1, her legs and foot are supposed to look like this. 

111.PNG

However, it gets glitchy and messed up like this if I click any other frame and come back to frame 1.

222.PNG

This glitchy mesh looks different every time depending on which frame I am on before I click frame 1. For example, now it looks like this if I click frame 12 and come back to 1.

2222.PNG

This only happens to her legs. The upper body moves fine without any issue.

In this situation, If I grab her foot controller (or IK pole Vector for knees) and move just a bit, it instantly snaps back to normal and looks fine. But it still gets messed up if I click other frames on viewport or play the animation. 

I also noticed that this issue does not happen if I change the animation evaluation mode into 'DG'.  This issue seems to happen only in parallel mode. If I pose or play animation in parallel mode, I get a message below in the script saying "// Warning: Cycle on '_Keyierce_Taylor_Rig_v1_2:LeftLeg_IK_CTRL_In_Rig_CONST_GRP_parentConstraint1.target[1].targetTranslate' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"

However, I prefer animating in parallel mode always because I can check my animation so much more smoothly with cache... I do not know why this is happening and how to fix it... Would there be any solution so I can still animate this rig in Parallel mode, not DG? 

Thank you so much.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kelly_hynes
in reply to: yseok625

Hello,

Try disabling GPU Override in the Animation preferences.

If you don't have the most recent update for your version of Maya, you could also try updating as there is a good chance this is fixed in the update.

What version of Maya are you using?

Regards,

Kelly

Kelly Hynes
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 3
yseok625
in reply to: yseok625

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I tried disabling GPU override but the issues keep happening. My current Maya version is [Autodesk Maya 2023.3]. I think this is the most recent version of Maya... Would there be any other solutions? Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report