Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya scene missing or broken HELP!!

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tevin93
1356 Views, 1 Reply

Maya scene missing or broken HELP!!

I've been doing an animation scene for while now but earlier today I tried to open the scene file and everything was gone and no matter which scene file I opened from the scene and autosave the stuff that does show up are all black or not showing up but the outliner is still showing them. but in some scene files I go through the assets are there but the character isn't and bits of his rig are showing...basically its seems broken and I don't know how or what happens. 

In the scene, there supposed to be stuff in  the display layers box like the rig and assets but as you can see in the images it's empty and both images are from different scene files 

I need help because I've been working on this animation for a long time and if I can I don't want to lose it.

I've uploaded the project for anyone might want to see and can figure it out

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YC0JXvhqx4tjTO6YGi7zC5xE_YXUCckp/view?usp=sharing

in some cases the scene looks like this with the entire scene but only wireframein some cases the scene looks like this with the entire scene but only wireframemaya broken.JPG

Labels (7)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: tevin93

Hi!

The file "Lip Sync.mb" is fine (BTW: Please don't use whitespace characters, it should be "Lip_Sync.mb").

Also the autosaves until "Lip Sync.0047.mb" are OK.

Then since "Lip Sync.0048.mb" you messed up the scene with Namespaces which have been added also to default nodes ( I have no Idea how you did this).

This also "infects" new scenes during a Maya session.

What you can do now:

- Start from the last "good" scene which should be the most secure option and maybe even faster than other options, or

- try to repair the other scenes by either removing the Namespaces or importing them into a new fresh scene.

- You can also try to export an animation from a later scene and import it into an older scene.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report