Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Rivet Constraint not working without map1

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Peteman12
869 Views, 2 Replies

Maya Rivet Constraint not working without map1

Hello.

I'm running Maya 2022.3, and for some reason when I try to use the Rivet tool, I get an error: 'Specified uv set "map1" does not exist on geometry. #'. The object already has a UV set on it, but not a map1. What's frustrating is that other objects don't have map1 and they seem to work. Does anyone have any information that can help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Peteman12
in reply to: Peteman12

Strange, one of my coworkers found a solution where you can rename the UVSet to map1, then change it back to the original UVSet, and it starts working again.

Anyone have an idea how this works?

Message 3 of 3
Kahylan
in reply to: Peteman12

Hi!

This is an annoying issue, and honestly I'm not quite sure how to solve it when it happens.

But the Rivet constraint is basically just a one-click uvPing Constraint.

You can get the exact same result by doing the following:

1) select the components you want a rivet constraint on

2) Go into the creation options of Constrain -> uvPin and set the following options like this : "pin locations" to "components", "output" to "New Locator" and "UV set name" to the name of your UV set (be sure to hit enter after inserting the text)

3) Click apply to finalise the uvPin Constraint

This will give you the same result as the Rivet constraint with the freedom of choosing a UV set name.

I hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report