Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya reference animation issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
759 Views, 1 Reply

Maya reference animation issue

ive never had this issue with maya so really stuck. currently i am animating a scene that ive spent over 2 days on and my pc just crashes on me and shuts down. i opened up the scene again and find that the referenced Malcolm file is back to a tpose missing all the animation and a chair mesh in the scene is green and completely messed up. if anyone could save me form reanimating the whole scene would save my life.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dinofiguera
in reply to: Anonymous

please send in private both animation scene and reference file.
I´m afraid that the animation file might be corrupted and in this case, there is not so much you can do.
But it is exactly after this kind of thing happening that people realize how important is to save progressive files.
After two days animating you should have at least 10 progressive versions of your animation.
So that if something breaks apart, you can always go to an early version and redo only a small part.
Please remember this next time, because every software in the world crashes, and the chances to lose your work are very high if you do not save very often.

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report