Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Geometry Nodes? like blender

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Richardd013
5929 Views, 1 Reply

Maya Geometry Nodes? like blender

Hi ,

so i just found out this video this morning that hve been posted in instagram by @Anonymous_yokohara , he made this using blender geometry nodes. the way it can manipulate the geometry beneath the straps is pretty amazing for me. i wonder if there is a similar features or way to do in Maya like this one in blender using geometry nodes.

thank you! :))

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kahylan
in reply to: Richardd013

Hi!

You could probably achieve a similar effect with a combination of lattice and nonlinear deformers for the leg and wire and joints for the ribbon.

But the truth is, that this would probably be slow and impractical especially because your mesh definition would have to be extremely high... This seems to be a Blender-specific tool without really an equivalent in Maya currently.

The Maya workflow for this would probably be texture/vector-displacement based, using layered textures and their placement nodes. Which would have less live-feedback, but in the end the resulting Render would be about the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report