Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Blend Shape cycleCheck

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3270 Views, 6 Replies

Maya Blend Shape cycleCheck

Hi, hope you can help me with this.

Every time i try to create a blend shpae Maya give me this warning Warning: Cycle on 'blendShape1.inputTarget[0].inputTargetGroup[0].inputTargetItem[6000]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) 

And sometimes, even with the blend shape at 0 it deformed the geometry permanently.

The mesh has no history and has freeze transformations already

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I can see, you are using the same geo as your target.  Of course you will get a cycleCheck.  Make a duplicate and shape that.  Use the duplicate as your target and no more cycleCheck.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mcw0

The this never happened to me before, i always create a blend shape and make it from there. Of course before the new blend shape editor we have to make a diferent target but now the idea is not to have to duplicate the mesh everytime we want to create a shape.

Message 4 of 7
mcw0

I don't know about the new blendshape editor.  But how blendshape works is it needs a target to derive a delta to deform a mesh.  It can't use itself without creating a cycle.

Message 5 of 7
alexmorgan94

Hi Jesus,

Were you ever able to solve this? I'm having the exact same issue in Maya 2019, it's bizarre. I tested the shape editor in 2018 and it worked absolutely fine.

Message 6 of 7
RICCARDORUSSI9039

I have similar problem in Maya 2022, has anyone solved the problem?

Message 7 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: RICCARDORUSSI9039

Select the blendShape node and graph the connections to understand how the data is flowing.  That's the best way to debug any issues.  Graph the blendShape node and see where the cycle is coming from.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report