Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Rotate different objects by different fractions to joint

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1003 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2017 Rotate different objects by different fractions to joint

Or as an example, I want to rig a robotic hand, the problem being I don't want the knuckles to rotate the same amount as the phalanges. So for example, if I could bind/parent the joint to the finger and I rotate it 90 degrees, optimally I want the knuckle object to rotate 45 degrees. How would I go about setting up the rig to rotate things by half or any fraction of input rotation?

Is this even possible? 

maya rotate.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I attached pic for reference.

For example I take two spheres,  If one sphere is rotate 90 degree, another one rotate in 45 degree.

take one multiple Divide node  and connect the rotate attribute to multiple Divide node input 1x ,

and connect the output x of Multiple Divide node  to Second sphere rotate attribute. and set the  multiple Divide values  as shown in figure.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Ok cool I can set up the Multiply Divide node in Hypershade, but how do I actually attach it to the meshes I need to?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi

Bind the  mesh with joint, then connect the Source joint rotation to multiple Divide node input and then  connect

output of multiple Divide node to destination Joint rotation.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the help so far but how do I even connect source joint rotation to the multiply divide in the first place? Is it in Hypershade? Connection editor?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi

Create the MD node in hyper shade and select the MD node and load it in connection editor as shown in ref image.

Same thing will be done in output connections also.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report