Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Model has a giant Armature and not working Animation Controlls

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
965 Views, 2 Replies

Imported Model has a giant Armature and not working Animation Controlls

Hey,

I wish to make 3D Animation my profession but anytime I buy a rigged model online(cgtrader) I am met with a number of errors and bugs.

I) The most common one and most frustrating one is when the armature/animation controlls are giant and not working. It looks like this:

d8e48c6098208fc1197b5745478e1bcd.pngUnbenannt.png

I dont quite understand the error message and also tried around with a number of different import settings but nothing seems to work.

II) In addition to that, often times the textures often times dont seem to load into the scene. Once I had to manually add them, just to see them "fall off" a minute later without any input reason.

I would be very grateful if you could help me, if you are familiar with these problems!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gautham.chandran47
in reply to: Anonymous

You're seeing the joints in the first image, you can turn their size down in preference as shown in the image below.

And for the error you're seeing in the second picture, bind pose error, you can ignore that. It's common and it won't give you any harm.

0.PNG

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: gautham.chandran47

Thank you very much! It indeed helped!
Seems like the model I bought is in fact rigged but without animation controlls. Welp.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report