Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the head still with IK Spline?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
736 Views, 3 Replies

How to make the head still with IK Spline?

image_2021-08-15_195111.png

image_2021-08-15_195133.pngI have 2 images of my dragon, The problem is, I have a Spline IK for the neck, but the IK Spline, whenever I move the control, It will always make the end moves too, is there a way to make it still? Like a head stay still, but when I move the head, the head should be able to control the neck too just fine, Is there any tutorial on this?

And also I will need a lot of guides for this because I am a noob around here

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: Anonymous

I see a lot of control curves in your rig.  Is there one that controls the head?  What is driving your head joint?  You need the control for the end of you neck IK spline to also control the head.  That way, the head and neck stay in sync.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcw0

No sadly, the neck spline I made control from the base of the neck next to the chest and then ends at the head, I'm not sure if I am doing it the right way, maybe can you show me how you do it? I will be very thankful for it

Message 4 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: Anonymous

That sounds correct.  Spline IK will have controls at both ends of the spline.  One end at the base of the neck and the other at the head is correct.  Use the IK spline control at the head to also control the head.  Use it as a parentConstraint for the head joint.  Or you could parent your current head control under that IK spline control.  What you want is to have the head in sync with what's happening at the neck.  But if you said that the head is moving when you adjust the neck IK spline controls, then it doesn't sound like the head joint is constrained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report