Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make elastic stick ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gomidas95
827 Views, 5 Replies

How to make elastic stick ?

I want to make an elastic stick which is twisted when I move the mesh anywhere that will gingle to the opposite way and straight about x and z axis (when we move a plant or when we move a plastic flexiple stick etc.) Which method/option we use to achieve this in maya ? I have an rigged skeletal mesh can I still achieve this ?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You could rig it with "Lattice deformer" or maybe "wire deformer" to get similar results.

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 3 of 6

Please accept my apologises but I think my question is related to rigged object's physical situation. Its response to moving animation like constraints. I will add a reference video.

Message 4 of 6
gomidas95
in reply to: gomidas95

Message 5 of 6

oooohh. you can use either nhair system to drive it or simply use the "dynamic joint"  from Maya bonus tools ( I belive it supports that )

Normally it will be falling down due to gravity, so you can inverse the gravity value in nucleus and you will get similar results to that tree.

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 6 of 6
nicholuassommer
in reply to: gomidas95

@gautham.chandran47I think you may be able to help me, I will probably make a new thread but as it slightly pertains to similar needs, I'll start here, I have a head model that I've got blend shapes on, I'm making a looping animation where the head splits down the middle and then the same head emerges from inside - I'm looking for a way to have the skin behave sort of as it would realistically as it splits having slight tension and then ripping to its respective side of the split. All while preserving uvs. I think I may know how to do it in houdini, but id rather just keep it all in maya. I cant find any examples currently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report