Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit a controllers pivot while keeping zeroed channels?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Kidd_Kosmonaut
1339 Views, 3 Replies

How to edit a controllers pivot while keeping zeroed channels?

Having to relearn some rigging basics here after not touching it for awhile. Cant remember how to edit a controllers position and orientation while keeping zeroed out channels. Looks like I was previously using a group node to hold the translation and rotation values to get the controller in the desired position and orientation while keeping channels on actual controller zeroed out. Attaching an image that shows what I am after. I want the pivot of my controlled to be oriented to the joint it will be controlling while keeping zero values. Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Perhaps this is how its done, attaching a video I found on youtube. Works like I want it to in testing so far. Going to give it a go on my rig and see if i run into any problems before considering it solved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSG-4QPxpgg

Message 3 of 4

You can always group the controller and modify that group and keep the controller values to zero. 

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 4 of 4

A really basic way is to just edit the control points of the curve instead of the object itself. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.12.12 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report