Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to animate a simple wardrobe opening?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
762 Views, 1 Reply

How to animate a simple wardrobe opening?

I have been working with Maya and UDK for only a short period of time now, and am fairly new. I am looking to create a simple wardrobe in Maya that has interactable drawers that open and close. For Example, if you were to walk up to it and press "E" on your keyboard the drawers would open up, you could press "E" on it again and they would close back.

I would like to create a different animation for each drawer, and am confused about how to do that on a single model, if at all possible.

This youtube video is practically what I want, just with the animated opening and closing of the drawers on command http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_y17qZG4UM

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
whisper1
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, My skills are relatively primitive. I would build the wardrobe body, then build a drawer as a separate object, and copy it. Then I would build a door, move the pivot point, and mirror it.

Sounds like part of what you are trying to do involved more programming than maya. Or I just use maya very differently.

Not sure what to tell you. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report