Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reverse an animation?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sndye
3609 Views, 4 Replies

How do I reverse an animation?

Hello everyone. I just got back into maya and I am trying to mirror this animation. I tried the Maya bonus tools, but those are a bit finicky (Reverses everything rather than a portion.

I already animated the first part, so I ideally want to copy and paste that animation and mirror it so it looks like it's jumping back and forth.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Baboonian
in reply to: sndye

you may try the "studio library"

Message 3 of 5
sndye
in reply to: Baboonian

I can give it another try, but I was just wondering if there was another way.

Message 4 of 5
Kahylan
in reply to: sndye

Hi!

There are multiple ways to do this with the different time editors using scaling. Basically what you have to do to reverse animation is to scale the keyframe values of the timespan of the animation by (-1).

I prefere to do this using the Graph Editor scale command, because it lets you work with precise numeric values instead of eyeballing it in the timeline or dope sheet.

I attached a video on how to do it. What I need to add is, that for this to work, all your controllers need to be keyframed on the start and end of the timespan you're copying and reversing and they need to be selected when using the scale command

I hope this helps!

Message 5 of 5
sndye
in reply to: Kahylan

Thanks, I appreciate it! This helps a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report