Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me please! urgent! eyes won't follow my rig? also problems with controls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gabrielburgosgl
174 Views, 1 Reply

Help me please! urgent! eyes won't follow my rig? also problems with controls

Hi! I'm a total rookie, first-time poster, very long-time lurker. I'm very distressed as I'm working on my first rigging project for school and I feel like I totally messed it up! The rig I made "works" perfectly, but once I skin it, aside from painting weights issues (of course) some things are just working very strangely. I need to turn it in on Monday so if anyone could shed light on this I'd super appreciate it. 

FIRST PROBLEM:

I skinned the eye joints to the eyeballs, and the eye controls are parented to head control, however, they will not follow the head and just go crazy when I move them... I've tried different approaches with no luck. 

gabrielburgosgl_0-1658422097513.png

SECOND PROBLEM: 

I made a control for all the lip joints. They move together just fine. However, when I turn the head... the joints go crazy. 

gabrielburgosgl_1-1658422145715.pnggabrielburgosgl_2-1658422158375.png

This is because I set the lip joints to make themselves smaller when you move the lip control as to follow the head structure... but now I don't know how to avoid this problem...

other than this, everything works just fine, but I need these two things to work so so bad. Please help me! if anyone would rather have my discord I'll gladly pm you with it. thank you to everyone in advance!

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Baboonian
in reply to: gabrielburgosgl

It would be better if you attached the scene.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report