Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyelashes issue after Exporting!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rehab_salem83
494 Views, 6 Replies

Eyelashes issue after Exporting!

Hi , 

i have an issue after exporting the Maya file to FBX!

i attached the eyelashes to the blend shapes using Rivet and parented the joints with the Rivet and skinned the eyelashes with joints and it works good in Maya but after exporting to FBX file, the Eyelashes went down on the Grid!

dose anyone know why and how to solve this, Thanks in advance...

Note: image attach to view the issue.Eyelashes-issue.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcw0
in reply to: rehab_salem83

Looks like the rivets are lost in the FBX export and your eyelash joints moved to the origin.  Why not parent the eyelash joints under the head joint?  You mentioned blendshape so is the head mesh not skinned?  If there's no skin, then at least don't parent the eyelash joints under the rivets.

Message 3 of 7
rehab_salem83
in reply to: mcw0

Thank you Dear for Replying, 

i Did that and parent the Eyelashes Joints to the Head Joint and the head and Body of character are SKinned, and after exporting to FBX, this time i found the Eyelashes inside the head on the Head Joint, Kindly check Image attached!eyelashes.PNG

Message 4 of 7
Kahylan

Hi!

Can I ask why exactly you want to export it to FBX? What program are you going to use your rig in afterwards?

Message 5 of 7
rehab_salem83
in reply to: Kahylan

i will send the file to the Developer, they need it as FBX for Unity. 

-and my issue is after applying the blend shapes to the character, the Eyelashes, Teeth, tearline and tongue are not movive with blend shapes , so i have to find a solution to attach these meshes to the character Body.

Message 6 of 7
Kahylan

Ok, so if your rig goes into Unity, rivets are not the solution. You'll have to create blendshapes for your eyelashes.

But since you already have your rivets, that should be rather easy. Just do the following:

1) combine all your eyelashes into one shape

2) Skin your eyelashes mesh to your rivet joints

3) Set all the Blendshapes that affect the eyelashes to their maximum, one after the other

4) For each Blendshape duplicate the eyelashes mesh when it is at the maximum

5) Delete the skincluster on your eyelashes mesh and the rivets

6) Create a Blendshape from your duplicates to your eyelashes mesh.

7) Link the targetvalues from your other blenshapes to your eyelashes blendshape, so they always have the same value

😎 skin your Eyelashes Mesh to your head joint so the eyelashes move with the joint deformation of the rest of the head

Normally when rig for FBX export into a game engine you would merge those meshes in the beginning and just model the eyelashes blendshapes at the same time as the rest of the head, but this should work as well. The link between the target values might not get exported correctly, but your Dev should be able to relink them in Unity pretty easily.

I hope it helps!

Message 7 of 7
rehab_salem83
in reply to: Kahylan

Thank you so much for your help, yes this solution will works perfectly, it will just take so much time, because my character already have around 3000 blend shapes and customization blend shapes, so i think i have to turn on every single blend shape to create the duplicated one..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report