Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on FBX export

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
24710 Views, 4 Replies

Errors on FBX export

Hey Everyone!

I am using Maya 2016 on a Mac and I am brand new to the environment. I was using Blender for a very a while but bit the bullet when I needed to start to animate faces, yikes!

So I have my first model rigged and animated but I am having all sorts of problems. When I export the model as an FBX (for use in FaceFX) it throws four warnings:

Warning1:

The plug-in has found the following skin definition problems :
Unable to find the bind pose for : / Group / Main / DeformationSystem / Root_M / Hip_R. Use the DAG node current transform.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / Group / Geometry / polySurface198. Use the DAG node current transform.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / Group / Geometry. Use the DAG node current transform.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / Group / Main / MotionSystem / FKSystem / FKParentConstraintToChest_M / FKOffsetNeck_ ... d_M / eyebrowControls_grp / L_eyebrow_control02_grp / L_eyebrow_control02 / L_eyebrow_02. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.

Warning2:

The plug-in has changed some animation curves tangents type to User to ensure interoperability. This mode change will not affect the animation curves' values.

Then a long list of all my lip and eyebrow bones

Warning 3:

1763 attributes had complex animation. Complex animation was exported as baked curves. (442513 evaluations done)

Warning 4:

This scene contains at least one transform node with multiple shape nodes. The plug-in will export only one of the shape nodes.
The name(s) of transform node(s):
|Group|Main|MotionSystem|FKSystem|FKParentConstraintToChest_M|FKOffsetNeck_M|FKExtraNeck_M|FKNeck_M|LipControls_GRP|upperLip_controlGRP01|upperLip_control01

This goes on for a few as well.

I know this a total noob post but any help would be appreciated! 

The model has a very high poly count and a lot of textures. If anyone wants to have a look at the mess I've created first hand, I can PM a dropbox link to my Maya scene.

Thanks!

J

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s_ehrenhaus
in reply to: Anonymous

Its generally not a good Idea to export a complete control rig as fbx. Since its a universal format lots of things that are specific to maya wont be support in other applications that load that .fbx. Thats why the plugin generally strips down those things automatically and warns you about it. In the end its really just warnings that it had to change some things for you. So you should still be good to go.

By that I mean that the .fbx format has a very limited number of types of nodes it can export. Thats due to the fact that is a very universal format. You might wanna have a look into this little doc. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Maya/fil...

Be Happy 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: s_ehrenhaus

Thank you! That helped a ton! I have everything exporting now! I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi I am encountering the same problem with Maya 2019. I read the doc mentioned above but honestly don't know where I need to fix things. Can you please help me?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hello !

I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution ?

I'm also on Maya 2019.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report