Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "GhostObject".

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1470 Views, 3 Replies

Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "GhostObject".

I have just started learning Maya and now when i need to use the ghost object option, the program gives me this error. The only thing that helps is deleting the maya folder in documents, but if i close Maya and then open it again the error comes back. Can someone help me?

Screenshot_46.png

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
t_chanma
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, I suspect your installation is borked since the tool itself can't be found.  You'll probably need to reinstall.

Matt C

Senior Content Experience Designer

Maya Documentation | Maya Learning Channel |
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again as you suggested, but the problem still persists.

What is more is that I cannot run any scripts. I can open them manually but the script editor refuses to detect them and just spits out "Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure" again and again.

Message 4 of 4
BigRoy

The original issue seems related to this issue: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-animation-and-rigging/cannot-find-procedure-quot-ghostobject-quo...

I think this might be fixed in latest Maya updates too, e.g. 2020.4. - But i'm not sure.

> What is more is that I cannot run any scripts.

Could you elaborate on what scripts currently don't work for you? E.g. wat command are you trying to run? Since Maya interface seems to open (as you are able to access the Maya UI, like script editor) I'm already assuming that maya commands actually do work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report