Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0 : Failed Computing Weights

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ahays.1
934 Views, 2 Replies

Error 0 : Failed Computing Weights

So I'm in the rigging process of the character regarding animation and whenever I bind the joints to the skin, I get an error message that there was a failure in computing weights. i don't know what went wrong but I'm in the process on trying to figure it it. If anyone has any solutions around this error, that would be extremely helpful. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ahays.1

Have you know how to fix this error?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ahays.1

I had the same error when skinning joints to a ik spline curve. When I looked in the script editor (the button to the right of the error message) I saw there was actually two errors:

"// Error: line 0: Current bind method does not work on non-poly objects. Please choose another method. //
// Error: line 0: Failed computing weights. // "

But only the last error was visible in the window. I changed the bind method to "closest in hierarchy" and that fixed the problem. I don´t know if you have the same problem, but maybe there is more information in the script editor that can help you solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report