Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current manipulator and active objects have no keyable attributes Error

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2185 Views, 12 Replies

Current manipulator and active objects have no keyable attributes Error

Hi

I am trying to move Dana's rig controller and I get the error Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2020/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/doSetKeyframeArgList.mel line 633: Current manipulator and active objects have no keyable attributes, or animation layers are present and the BaseAnimation bar is not selected or locked. //

What can I do?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi
There is a root controller in my rig which has a blender option in its outputs (Channel Box) . This blender option is red and 0 by default. Whenever I try to alter its value e.g. 1, I get the error message "setAttr "Dana_Rig_v1_7:ScaleBlendRoot_M.blender" 1;
// Error: line 1: setAttr: The attribute 'Dana_Rig_v1_7:ScaleBlendRoot_M.blender' is locked or connected and cannot be modified. //
copyKey -t ":" -f ":" -at "c1r" Dana_Rig_v1_7:ScaleBlendRoot_M;
// Result: 1 // "
In the Channel Control editor there is no option to unlock any feature. How can I solve this? I need the complete controller to be unlocked so I can move the rig.
Message 3 of 13
jmreinhart

It sounds like that attribute is keyed in the file you are referencing. That's what's stopping you from being able to edit it. Just go into the file you are referencing and delete the animation.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: jmreinhart

Sorry, I didn't get you. Even if I key the pose after several trials still it doesn't work as optimal. For instance, if I manage to key the pose bending knees at keyframe 80, and I go back to frame 1, the pose remains with knees bended whereas I would expect it to be in an upright position with straight legs. It won't work. I need the pose to start straight from frame 1 and incrementally bend the knees at frame 80. How do I check the thing you say?

Message 5 of 13
jmreinhart

If you set your first key with the knee up on frame 80 and go back to frame 1 the knee will still be up. You'll need to set a key on frame 1 with the knee down. Just because you've changed the attribute in the channel box, that doesn't mean that you've created a key. You need to press "s" to key all the attributes on the selected control, or right click and select "key selected attribute" in the channel box.  You can also look up "auto-key" in your settings.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

But I don't want knees down in frame 1. I want them up and slowly go down at frame 80. This can't happen because of the error message I explain in this post, whenever I press "S"

Message 7 of 13
jmreinhart

It sounds like that attribute is keyed in the file you are referencing. That's what's stopping you from being able to edit it. Just go into the file you are referencing and delete the animation.

Did you check this? If you need clarification let me know.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

How do I do that? Please explain steps

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

I removed all references from the specific controller using the path File -> Reference Editor but still it won't allow key framing. Same error message.

Message 10 of 13
jmreinhart

Go into the reference editor.

Find the filePath of the rig that is being referenced.

Copy that filePath.

Open that file.

Check if there is any animation on the controls.

If there is, then delete it.

Save the file.

Open your animation scene again.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I am using that version of Maya and Reference editor. How can I follow the procedure you describe?

Find the filePath of the rig that is being referenced.

Copy that filePath.

Open that file.

Check if there is any animation on the controls.

If there is, then delete it.

Save the file.

Open your animation scene again.

Message 12 of 13
jmreinhart

Looking at that image, it seems like you didn't reference the rig. So the problem is coming from something else. My suggestion won't work then.

Message 13 of 13
aallam_hatim

Thank you men you saved my life :')

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report