Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Editor not working - windows 10,2Gb VRAM 3.9ghz

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
331 Views, 3 Replies

Connection Editor not working - windows 10,2Gb VRAM 3.9ghz

I am a student who with completely zeroknowledge in MAYA,following youtuber where they clicked on without understanding the function and control in maya..... hope anyone can help me with this 

I select the Output and try to connect with the input one with bending, so before i click on the input, the "curvature" is not highlighted seems like it cannot be connected, and i click on it, yes it was not connected, why i cant connect my Bend Output(Attribute i custom added) to "curvature" input in bend function

I select the Output and try to connect with the Output one with bending, so before i click on the output, the "curvature" is not highlighted seems like it cannot be connected, and i click on it, yes it was not connected, why i cant connect my Bend Output(Attribute i custom added) to "curvature" input in bend functionI select the Output and try to connect with the Output one with bending, so before i click on the output, the "curvature" is not highlighted seems like it cannot be connected, and i click on it, yes it was not connected, why i cant connect my Bend Output(Attribute i custom added) to "curvature" input in bend function

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hamsterHamster
in reply to: Anonymous

Judging from your screenshot, it seems you HAVE connected those. You start with Output side and select the attribute - the right Inputs side reacts on this by higlighting/grayingout inputs, depending on what you have selected, e.g. you can't connect Output.translateX to Input.translate, yet you can connect it with bend1.curvature 

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hamsterHamster

act before i "connect" like in the screenshot, when i select bend on the Left(Output), the " curvature" not highlighted in Right (input) and it seems cant be connect with, the screenshot show like it connected because i clicked on the  Not highlighted "curvature"

Message 4 of 4
hamsterHamster
in reply to: Anonymous

The Maya Help explains the CE behavior:

Connected attributes in the Connection Editor appear in italics (Mac OS X excepted), while non-keyable attributes appear dimmed. Some dimmed attributes indicate a nested list of attributes.

You were trying to connect the attributive that was already involved in connection - bend1Handle.curvature to the bend1.curvature .. From what was said above, the connected attributes are displayed in italics, not locked. When the attribute is locked, you get a Warning and no connection is made.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report