Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character's beard?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
459 Views, 1 Reply

Character's beard?

Hi everyone, I made a character that needs a beard. I´ve already did the UV map to all the face and then I applied skin texture to it and all was good until now because what I now need is to create the beard using curves and I need that those curves follow the deformation produced by the Blendshapes.

So what I did was:

1- I created some curves on the surface and I tried to attach them to the geometry (I selected the curves, then the geometry and "Hair > Make Selected Curves Dinamics" with these options:

-attach curves to selected surface: ON

-snap curve base to surface: OFF

-exact shape match: OFF

2- I selected the follicles generated and "Hair > Assign Paint Effects Brush to Hair"

3- And finally to visualize the HairSystem I had to adjust the "Clumps per Hair"

4- The next step was to assign a Blendshape to test it but the result was:

-the follicles (hairSystem1Follicles) move with the geometry (when I animated a Blendshape)

-the curves (hairSystem1OutputCurves) don´t move.

-PFX (pfxHair1) doesn´t move.

I tried to do it with a sphere and it worked perfectly but with my GeoFace not.

Thanks a lot and sorry about my English.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I made the operation before exposed with another geometry of other character´s face and it worked perfectly too. I think the problem is with the geometry in which I´m working 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report