Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character mesh distorts whenever rig joints are attempted to move once bound

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
treesma
248 Views, 1 Reply

Character mesh distorts whenever rig joints are attempted to move once bound

Hi, I have been having this problem ever since I started trying to rig a character model about a year ago and never found a solution, do go easy on me in case I'm missing something super obvious because I have bo clue what that might be.

I have had this issue with a character model back then as well as a new one now - When I bind my character's rig to the actual shapes I modeled and textured and then attempt to, for example, move an arm up manually to test if the rig works, the entire side of that character's body will distort along with it, moving towards the arm and eventually upwards. The same thing happens with any part of my character models. I have attempted to freeze transformations because it sounded like it might help, but it did nothing, and whenever I try to paint weights I get a big red cross over the brush cursor and I also don't understand why that is the case.

If you have any idea what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Baboonian
in reply to: treesma

can you maybe show a video? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report