Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bones change shape when I transfer armature from Blender to Maya .

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dsguffeyK4AEN
1628 Views, 2 Replies

Bones change shape when I transfer armature from Blender to Maya .

Hi! I have a model and rig, which I didn’t create. When I export it as an FBX from Blender and import it into Maya, most of the bones radically change shape, turning into an unusable mess. I was wondering if anybody knows why this is happening and how to fix it. I don’t care about keeping animations, constraints, shapekeys, etc. I only want the bones themselves and the weight painting. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kahylan
in reply to: dsguffeyK4AEN

Hi!

Your joints don't change shape. It's just that blender displays joint scale relative to their lenght while Maya on default has all joints scaled the same.

The easiest way to fix this is to go to Display -> Animation -> Joint Size... and turn down the joint size display so you can see your joints better.

Also if you need some joints to be bigger, all joints have a "Radius" Attribute which you can use to make them Display smaller/bigger.

I hope it helps!

Message 3 of 3
dsguffey
in reply to: dsguffeyK4AEN

Thanks! That helps a lot and I appreciate the step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report