Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blendshapes do not show up in Set Key Driven

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lynnstillwell98
1431 Views, 4 Replies

Blendshapes do not show up in Set Key Driven

Both with Set Key Driven and the NodeEditor i am unable to find the blendshape attributes. Even if i select the blendshape in the Channel Box. It is a corrective blendshape made using the Shape Editor.

Does anyone know why this issue is happening or how to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcw0
in reply to: lynnstillwell98

In your image, you have the transform of the mesh selected as well as the blendShape node.  You want to deselect the mesh so all you have selected is the blendShape node.   Then load that as your "Driven" object.

Message 3 of 5
lynnstillwell98
in reply to: mcw0

I have tired that however it says that i have nothing selected despite having only selected the blendshape node.

Message 4 of 5

You can also select them through the Shape Editor, found under Windows -> Animation editors. Right click the shape you want, and choose "select blend shape node".

But if nothing else works, you can try selecting it with MEL in the script box at the bottom of your screen.

Type: select l_clavicalCorrectiveBlends

And hit enter. Just make sure you have MEL selected, and not Python.

You can also change the outliner to show them, by removing the "DAG Objects only" option under Display, in the outliner window. Then you can find the blendshapes through there, either by looking for them manually, or using the outliner's search field.

Message 5 of 5

thank you for your help, i've fixed the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report