Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baking Animation - Rotation Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1389 Views, 1 Reply

Baking Animation - Rotation Problems

Hello there,

I'm using maya 2016.

I have some issues with the bake animation. I have a scene with some constrains and when I bake a joint (to eliminate constrains) my rotation curves are kind of weird. On some parts of time line my rotations keys pops up. My joint is part of a hierarchy. I think is because of gimbal lock or something on relation to it. I couldn't keep this curves like that because of the next step of work. I need my in betweens working well.
I've tried to chance the Rotate Order and it doesn't work for me. I couldn't correct it manually, is a long animation and it will not be 100% correct if I do that. I hope there is some setting on the Bake Animation Options that will help me doing it.
I've founded a guy over the internet that had the same problem as mine. Here is the link: http://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/77349

Here is an imagem of my curves.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

I see this question did not get too many replies, so let me share my trick:
after I bake animation (usually for game), I change the framerate to 60 (from, let's say 25), then the problematic rotations become easily visible, because of the interpolation (otherwise I need to check my many joints one by one).

When I come accross a "twich" in the rotation, I select the curves in the graph editor, and press Curves/Euler filter (in Maya 2018).

This usually does the work, as it recalculates the curves, although it might not always be 100% perfect. 

I hope this helps (maybe others).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report