Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animbot installation error

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
marcosoliveiraeu
4737 Views, 19 Replies

Animbot installation error

I'm trying to install animbot in Maya 2024 and it shows this message error : 

# Error: module 'animBot' has no attribute 'welcome' # Traceback (most recent call last):  # File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module> # AttributeError: module 'animBot' has no attribute 'welcome'

It works just fine on my maya 2020 ...  I tried both installation ways, the first one by dragging the file straight to the viewport and the second one pasting the animbot folder in Scripts and then running the command. Neither way worked for 2024,  even deleting all animbot folders before installing .

Has anyone had the same problem? 

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
vwhite26
in reply to: marcosoliveiraeu

Yes, I just installed Maya 2024 and upgraded to animBot Pro in which ongoing versions are available. I downloaded animBot 2.4.6 which is "Ready for Maya 2024" and whenever I have it installed and attempt to verify my license or anything Maya crashes and will also delete my animBot folders. I have the same errors as you, please let me know if you find a fix.

Message 3 of 20
vwhite26

If I try to Validate my license on animBot 2.4.6 Maya instantly crashes
Message 4 of 20
marcosoliveiraeu
in reply to: vwhite26

i got the same problem ... they told me they are working on the solution and a new version is going to released fixing this in next couple days/weeks

Message 5 of 20
JerroHG

Hi! Just got the same issue with maya 2024. I was tired so I downgrade to 2.4.4 again within maya 2019.
Do you mean they are working on a new version of Animbot to solve the issue?
Message 6 of 20
marcosoliveiraeu
in reply to: JerroHG

yes , that's what they told me through a ticket on April 10th

Message 7 of 20

Hi there! I'm also having the same installation issue with animBot for Maya 2024. Has there been any updates on this? thanks!

Message 8 of 20

Hi! 

there is a new ongoing version 2.4.7 that they say it's going to work if you got Enterprise, Premium, Pro, Freelancer and Educational editions... but if you have a Eco or Lifetime edition license (my case , so i did not tested) , this update will come later in a bundled version... 

Message 9 of 20
Agogowaw

Hey, you guys!
Today is May 26, 2023\and the Animbot in Eco version is still not working. I even wrote a letter to Alan Camilo. Please let me know if anyone has solved the problem.

Message 10 of 20
JerroHG
in reply to: Agogowaw

Still no luck with Maya 2024 for Eco edition.
Have 2023, 2019 and still works normally, even after a complete fresh system restore.

Message 11 of 20

same...

Message 12 of 20

I am getting the same error trying to install animbot 2.4.8 in maya 2023 - I am seeing that some have gotten it to work in maya 2023. Was that with the standard install options?

Message 13 of 20

New version? Does this mean that the "eco" license users have to wait for a "bundle" release to get this fixed? I don't understand.

Message 14 of 20

I guess the programmer won't update the eco version to work with Maya 2024 until it's actual bundle release day. I think he should just put a disclaimer that it's only working up to version 2023 at this point so that people are aware of that issue before they buy and they are stuck to Maya 2023.

The whole concept of sporadic releases is not immediately understood, till you realize that the cheap version you just bought, won't support a current Maya release.

Message 15 of 20
JerroHG
in reply to: dennis3V39Z

Yea. Just the "pro, premium,freelancer, educational" (ongoing) versions seems to work with 2024.
For me, Eco version (bundled), have to wait.
My workflow is stuck with 2023, MG picker and other plugings had issues too with 2024 and M chips 🙄

Message 16 of 20

Same problem here....with Maya 2024 and Eco edition. 

Message 17 of 20

Você conseguiu resolver o seu problema com o Animbot?
Estou com o mesmo problema aqui 😞

Message 18 of 20

O que você fez para resolver?
Estou passando por isso também! 

Message 19 of 20

Não tem jeito . Tem que usar o maya 2023 .
Message 20 of 20

Acabei baixando o 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report