Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation Preferences > Evaluation mode >DG still better than"parallel" Maya2019

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BenediZ
2600 Views, 1 Reply

Animation Preferences > Evaluation mode >DG still better than"parallel" Maya2019

Hello,

I just wanted to tell, that I have often problems in Maya2019.

It happened last time when I used a  "wrap deformer" and jiggle and blendshapes

(I know it's all not supported yet).

But when I changed the Evaluation Mode settings to "DG", it was possible to work. It should be default.

With "Parallel" the system went crazy, no matter if I use cached playback or not:

After some time the mouse cursor showed every 2 seconds like a clock the blue waiting icon circle (on Windows). It was sometimes even impossible to put a number in a text field.

Question about environment variables: There are severeal for Cached Playback ("ignore unsafe jiggle...").

What exactly does it change, when I use those variables for cached playback?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
slimboJoe
in reply to: BenediZ

Parallel mode should be removed.  It is always causing issues.  Sometimes things work better in Parallel mode, so it's always a guessing game.  It got me today, causing an animated REDSHIFT texture not to update properly in PARALLEL MODE.  Maybe it's on the Redshift side, I don't know.  But I shouldn't have to worry about the software operating properly EVER, no matter what rendering software I use. Nuts, nuts, nuts!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report