Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation Missing From Rig | Maya 2019

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
811 Views, 3 Replies

Animation Missing From Rig | Maya 2019

Hi,

I am using Maya 2019 Student Version on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and was working a shot with a free rig from AnimChallenge page. I have worked and saved the file before keeping my lap on sleep mode. And when I resumed working, I have noticed that my hard drive got disconnected, so I restarted my laptop to get the drives back online.

Once I opened the maya file again, I noticed that the rig returned to T pose with NO KEYS AT ALL. And camera values returned to 0,0,0 (Origin) and image plane was also missing. I'm almost done with the blocking of the file which u can see through playblast attached here.

Please help me in recovering the animation in the file so that I can save time in reworking the complete blocking pass and to avoid further errors like this, which never happened before to me. 

Please download the attachments and try to help me with some solution. Hoping for the best!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hi

just had a look at your files, there doesn't seem to be any key frames on any of controls, do you have another file increment saved??

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

hi @Anonymous , that's the only file I have and I'm about to save a v02 of it before this issue happened. 

But if u can see, if u refer the rig provided and save the file as .ma, the file size would be in KBs. But my file size is still in MBs, and I think the anim could still be there.

Message 4 of 4
mspeer

Hi!

There is no animation in the scene (no keys except for some driven keys), so there is nothing to recover.

To prevent data loss like this:
1. Do incremental saves (as often as suitable) and from time to time save or export in an additional format (like FBX).
2. Create backups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report