Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation layer increases rotation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1003 Views, 3 Replies

Animation layer increases rotation

Hey everyone,

today Maya started to act a bit strange. I opened a file, created yesterday and all rotation value got almost doubled. I pinpointed the problem to animations layers.  When I add additive animation layer, rotations values get this additive rotation value. I deleted configs file already and tried with fresh one but nothing same problem persist. I don't want to reinstall maya because that's a full-day process.

I included a sample file and a screenshot for better analysis.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this problem? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

There as a key set for Rotate Y, this key value will be restored after some actions, like moving in the time line or creating a new animation layer.

Just delete the key or save the new value.

Message 3 of 4
gautham.chandran47
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked the file. I experienced the same issue. There is a set driven key on rotation. I managed to fix this by deleting the key and redoing it. And another way re-keying it by turning on the base animation layer active and creating another layer. If you still face issue by doing those above things I strongly recommend you reinstall Maya.

1213.PNG

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: gautham.chandran47

This problem also happens when I open animation file created 6 months ago. This morning I deleted Maya refs-folder so Maya could generate default one. That seems to fix the problem (fingers crossed). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report