Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate Wyvern Wings Simultaneously

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cmills7920
175 Views, 1 Reply

Animate Wyvern Wings Simultaneously

Hey all,

I am switching back from Blender to Maya and I noticed there is a blender feature that I cannot find an equivalent to in Maya. Blender has a very simple button that allows you to animate both limbs on either side of the body simultaniously. I am doing a flight animation for a wyvern, and it would be far more convient to use a feature like this to animate both wings instead of constantly copying and pasting keyframes. Is there a feature or plugin that I'm not aware of that serves this purpose in Maya?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kahylan
in reply to: cmills7920

Hi!

Sadly there isn't a "one size fits all" feature like this in maya. Because compared to Blender, rigs in maya are a lot more customized and different. So in some rigs, left and right work different than in others. As far as I remember, the Truong wyverin rig is behaviorally mirrored, meaning that both arms do the same if you enter the same value.
So all you have to do, is download an interactive selector-createor (SelectionUI for example) and set up some buttons so you always select the same controls on both sides and you should be able to animate both sides at the same time.

I hope it helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report