Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Skeleton on Unreal Mannequin spine problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
filip.masiulewicz7CQLH
1401 Views, 4 Replies

Advanced Skeleton on Unreal Mannequin spine problem

Hi Guys,

My goal is rig Unreal Mannequin with Advanced Skeleton 5 and I almost succeeded except the second spine bone. When I use AdSk Name Matcher tool It makes everything for me, but it unfortunately doesn't connect Mannequin's second spine joint with AdSk second spine joint, even if I add the joint to the list. It connetcs it to the root bone instead. When I try to build the skeleton manually it builds messed up skeleton with root not controling bottom half of the skeleton and many control curves disconnected. Would be glad for any help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

use mGear, dude. it does exactly want you want in 2 minutes. 

Message 3 of 5

Thanks. I will definitely check mGear.

Message 4 of 5

Hi, Does anyone have an answer in the context of Advanced Skeleton?
The stated goal being to get a simple Maya rig onto the Unreal Mannequin as is.

mGear sounds great and all, and it might even be preferable to use it on a new character.
However, don't you establish the joints base on guides, rather then providing the joints as is?
The Unreal Mannequin has known joints of predefined orientation, position and expected functionality.
Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, but it sounds like turning the house around a light-bulb.

Message 5 of 5

mGear doesn't build the joints. It just connects to existing ones. It uses the AutoSnap function. 

While skeleton builds its own joints and then connects to the mannequin via HIK.

Untitled-2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report