Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018U3 VP2.0 LRA ISSUES

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
pavelR.
334 Views, 0 Replies

2018U3 VP2.0 LRA ISSUES

Just tried helping a student friend with rigging and ran again into an issue with LRAs and VP2.0.

In the past I reported display issues about literally broken LRA displays in VP2.0 among other vp2.0 issues
(timeline middle drag, constrained/skinned objects either move or are left behind,...most of them never fixed)

All I wanted to do this Sunday is to help out someone with rigging.. turns out I spend again time in workarounds and doing a hopefully understandable example (video) in hope that this application will ever get it's core functionality fixed than actual helping.

This time... SNAPPING.

With vp2.0 enabled the snapping does...snap onto something in void space when the display of the local rotation axis is turned on for the object to be snapped onto is turned on.

Untitled_2x.gif

It is NOT related to the userprefs

It is NOT related to the display drivers

This issue was very likely around since the initial release of 2018 (July 2017)

The workaround is to not vp2.0 but one of the DEPRECATED viewport renderers or by not using LRA display.

It would be amazing to see Maya in a release without any functionality limited issues and maybe have one day also hotfixes for updates that break them (..and not wait 5+ months for the next 'update').

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report