Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are CreateLinearPlacementDefinition and ReferencedFiles?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Stakin
110 Views, 1 Reply

Where are CreateLinearPlacementDefinition and ReferencedFiles?

These days, it has been discovered that the following two interface functions cannot be found in Inventor API 2025

PartlistRow.ReferencedFiles

Stakin_0-1720761446222.png

HoleFeatures.CreateLinearPlacementDefinition

Stakin_1-1720761478120.png

Where can I find a more comprehensive interface introduction?

If these function is deleted, what was used as a substitute? thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WCrihfield
in reply to: Stakin

Hi @Stakin.  About the PartsListRow.ReferencedFiles property...I do not think that was ever a publicly available property for us to be using, because I do not recall ever seeing it in any Inventor API help documentation over the years.  I think that was just a 'Hidden' Property within the PartsListRow Interface which was meant for 'internal use' (for supporting the functionality of the source code behind the API object and its properties/methods), rather than for public use.  Someone likely just did some 'Reflection' type snooping into these objects to find these types of hidden properties, looking for a shortcut.  The folks at Autodesk warn us against using these types of properties, because they may be unstable, which means they may change in name. functionality, or cease to exist, at any time.  A single row in a PartsList is generally only going to be referencing a single file on disk, but potentially multiple components within an assembly that all reference the same file.  There are exceptions to this, but that is the norm.  You would normally have to step multiple steps deeper to get to file references, starting with PartsListRow.ReferencedRows and going on from there.  I have shown a few examples of this in this forum before, and I'm sure others have also.

As for the HoleFeatures.CreateLinearPlacementDefinition method...I know it was there in the 2024 online API help, but I do not see it in the 2025 online API help.  I am not sure if it just got hidden (either on purpose, or by mistake), or if they officially got rid of it.  I do know that in the past, some properties/methods have been hidden by mistake, then later unhidden, but not sure.  You could test for this though, by trying to use it, even though it may not be showing any 'Intellisense' hints about it.  If it still works, then we would know that it just got hidden, but is still there, and still works.  This may be something to ask someone at Autodesk about directly, because the rest of us would not know for sure until we hear from them.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report