Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2022 - See Actual Inventor Object Values instead of {System.__ComObject}

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dtimm8RCUM
311 Views, 2 Replies

Visual Studio 2022 - See Actual Inventor Object Values instead of {System.__ComObject}

A few years ago I developed an VB.NET Inventor Addin using the template file supplied with the SKD from Inventor 2016. I think at that time I had to use Visual Studio 2012/2013 since the SKD's addin template wasn't made for Visual Studio 2015/2017.

In the locals window, I noticed that the several values were showing up as "{System.__ComObject}". I searched for a fix for this and found one. The fix was to go into the Visual Studio Debug settings and enable "Use Managed Compatibility Mode."

setting.png

Enabling that setting fixed how the values were showing up and made debugging faster and easier.

old.png

I recently switched to using Visual Studio 2022, and the "Use Managed Compatibility Mode" setting was removed (deprecated). Now all of the values are showing as as {System.__ComObject} again.

new.png

How do I get the values to show up the way they use to using the "Use Managed Compatibility Mode" setting? Would a newer Inventor SDK have a new template that would fix this issue?

I have tried enabling "Native Code Debugging", but I get a "rse.pdb not loaded" error. I'm not sure if trying to enable this is even a good approach.

error.png

Has anybody ran into this upgrading to visual studio 2022?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JelteDeJong
in reply to: dtimm8RCUM

Have a look at this thread. I tried the solution proposed solution. (adding <DebugEngines>{351668CC-8477-4fbf-BFE3-5F1006E4DB1F}</DebugEngines> to your project file.)

JelteDeJong_0-1652898559610.png

and it works for me.

JelteDeJong_1-1652898730816.png

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 3 of 3
tyler.warner
in reply to: dtimm8RCUM

If this solved your problem or answered your question, please click ACCEPT SOLUTION.
If this helped you, please click LIKE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report