Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA Editor Won't Launch

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TCARPENTER21
289 Views, 3 Replies

VBA Editor Won't Launch

So Inventor2023 starting showing this window, without even running.  I guess it was just an update going in:

TCARPENTER21_0-1690807329082.png

However, I can launch Inventor with no issues, but the pop-up comes back.  So when I try to access the VBA Editor, all I get is this window popping up?

How do I fix this?

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @TCARPENTER21,

I know that Inventor verisons greater than 2021 does not come with the VBA module installed. 

See this thread : "Inventor is not able to detect VBA on your system..." while opening Inventor (autodesk.com)

I guess the pop up is the VBA installer as explained in the thread.

Kind regards,

FINET L.

If this post solved your question, please kindly mark it as "Solution"

If this post helped out in any way to solve your question, please drop a "Like"

@LinkedIn     @JohnCockerill

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, but I've been using vba on 2023 for quite a while.  This just popped up, I'm guessing some background update broke something, I'm just not sure what.  If I get a chance later, I'll try a re-install - not sure what else to check.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
TCARPENTER21
in reply to: TCARPENTER21

So an uninstall and reinstall didn't fix my issue.  Elsewhere, and I can't find the link now, someone downloaded the VBA installers, and had to run the exe, (not the MSI) as an administrator - this worked for me.  Still not sure what broke it, but that fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report