Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Insert Points

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
416 Views, 1 Reply

Using Insert Points

We are working on a program to make a series of connector models. We want to put in the holes for the  connectors using something like insert points but can not find the command in the API to do something like the inventor command. How can I read in from an Excel table a list of points to create a sketch using the X,Y coordinates of each point?

I included a sample sketch that I did by hand that we are looking to duplicate. The program can put in the holes one at a time but that is really slow. We really want to use the hole command and from sketch to create all the holes using one command instead of 66 like the connector shown.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
chandra.shekar.g
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

There is no direct Inventor API to import points from Excel. Creation of sketch and points can be achieved through Inventor API.

In the below post, there is a sample code to import 3D points from excel and created 3D spline. Please take a look at the Solution#3 in below thread

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Import-points-associatively-from-Excel-into-Inventor-s.html?_ga=2.20726392.156090734.1528108701-1600522139.1485934040

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report