Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ilogic to get right part list

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michielXWZ7U
232 Views, 2 Replies

Using Ilogic to get right part list

Hi guys, new to the Ilogic and having some difficulties 🙂

I have different .step files send to me, in an assembly, that contains different parts with different names for 'part number.' here is the example:

1) Part 'X'

2) Part 'Y'

3) part 'Z'

Now I want to create some Ilogic that reads the 'part number' and does the next things;

In the BOM/part list:

1) if 'part number' contains (so not exactly matches) the word 'X', than changes 'description' in the BOM to 3mm

2) if 'part number' contains 'y', than i dont want the part to be visible in my Parts list

3) if part 'Z' I want that the 'description' in the BOM list states the same value that i state in the File name of the assembly (ex. assembly name of 2000x9000.IAM would give a discription of Z =  2000 mm.)

Yes sorry its a lot but I hope you guys can give me some advice or similar projects 🙂

with kind regards M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: michielXWZ7U

First thing that needs to be resolved here is...are we talking about the actual BOM in an Assembly model file here, or if we are talking about a PartsList in a Drawing that has views of an Assembly in it here?  They are two different things, in two different document types, and are accessed and worked with by code very differently.  Once that is cleared up, we will will have a better understanding of what your needs are, and what we may need to do to accomplish your goals.  Also you mention a .step file.  Are you working with a .step file directly (without converting it to an Inventor Assembly), or are you working with an Inventor Assembly here (after conversion)?  In the third condition, do you need the code to retrieve the file name of the document that component is representing, then manipulate/isolate the one part of that file name, to get that first numerical part, then set that as its Part Number?

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
michielXWZ7U
in reply to: michielXWZ7U

@WCrihfieldvery thanks for youre feedback, ill adjust my quesiton!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report